It’s not every day you get a recipe in your mailbox for exactly the thing you were craving…I seriously LOVE cornbread, and I especially love SPICY cornbread! Its pretty much the best combo ever, and on top of that, its gluten-free? Genius! Thanks to Emily from Lael Cakes and Amber Gress of Amber Gress Photography for sending it over, and get ready for more recipes from them in the future!
Gluten-free Jalapeño Parmesan Cornbread Muffins
Makes 1 dozen muffins
1 cup cornmeal (I prefer organic or non-GMO)
1 cup Lael Cakes gluten-free flour (available here)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon honey
¼ cup butter (melted)
2 jalapeños (1 minced & 1 sliced, optional to remove seeds)
1 cup corn (pulse in food processor or mash in mortal and pestle)
¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
2-3 scallions (thinly sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl combine, cornmeal, gluten-free flour, sea salt, baking powder and sugar. Whisk together and set aside.
3. In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk, honey, egg and melted butter.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in minced jalapeño, corn, parmesan and scallions.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into a paper lined muffin tin and top each with a sliced jalapeño.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with lots of butter and a bowl of hot soup.
8. To store, keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.