You know the MINUTE I get my hands on some blood oranges I’m making these donuts…they look too good!!!
Vegan & Gluten-free Blood Orange Glazed Chocolate Donuts
Makes about 2 dozen mini donuts and 1 dozen regular sized donuts
 cups Lael Cakes gluten-free flour
 cup brown sugar
 cup sifted cocoa powder
 teaspoon arrowroot
 teaspoon baking powder
[1/2] teaspoon sea salt
[1/2] teaspoon grated nutmeg
 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal mixed with  tablespoons water
 cup vanilla rice or soy milk
[1/2] cup safflower oil
[1/2] teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
 tablespoon +  teaspoon apple cider vinegar
 teaspoon espresso or coffee (freshly brewed or diluted instant coffee works too!)
Blood Orange Glaze
 cups sifted powdered sugar
zest of one blood orange
[1/4-1/2] cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice, depending on desired consistency
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine golden flaxseed meal with water and set aside.
3. In a standing mixer combine all dry ingredients.
4. In a medium sized bowl combine all wet ingredients.
5. On low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed together. Turn on medium speed until batter is smooth and shiny.
6. Place batter into a piping bag (if you don’t have a piping back use a zip lock bag and cut the corner off to create a hole). Pipe evenly into a nonstick donut pan.
7. Bake mini donuts for 10-15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes (bake large donuts for 15-20 minutes). Allow donuts to cool before glazing.
8. To make glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and glossy.
9. Carefully dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the glaze, set onto a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan to allow excess glaze to drip. Donuts can be glazed multiple times for a thicker glaze.
10. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or devour all at once!